- continuous stream of shortener links that have been identified to be malicious, provides another additional layer of protection against protect against
- ‘Shorts’ is a data set now available from SURBL
– providing a feed of bad shortener links.
SURBL – shortener/redirector feed
Many shortened url’s are used to obfuscate and hide the intended ‘bad domain’, to avoid filtering, blocking, etc.
SURBL’s Shortener Feed – provides a dynamic and up to date list of current bad shortened domains. These shortened domains ultimately direct to known bad / malicious sites – and should be scored, and managed accordingly.
- Zone transfer or DNS lookup to detect shorteners
- Rsync of currently abused shortener links
- Ability for subscriber to submit new shorteners
- Ability for subscribers to submit shortener links currently being abused