Koli-Loks Raw Spam Feeds
Koli-Loks is a trusted cyber-security research organization, with over 25 years of experience tracking abuse in email and on other messaging platforms. Koli-Loks provides a feed of raw spam collected through their network of spam traps to help security teams improve their defenses.
The Spamtrap email addresses and domains in the raw spam feed:
- Receive high volumes of spam from botnets, containing malware attachments or links, or that is fraudulent or otherwise classified as “criminal spam” by most countries and jurisdictions.
- Have been out of service as email addresses for at least ten years, long past the time when they would be expected to receive misdirected legitimate email.
- Are to some extent publicly known or suspected of being spamtraps (known traps), and therefore receive very little email from spammers that are careful whom they target. This largely removes email service providers and otherwise legitimate companies with poor email practices from the stream.
The Koli-Loks Raw Spam feed is available to threat researchers, companies that produce anti-abuse and anti-spam products, and those in the email anti-spam community.
Uses of Raw Spam Feeds
Intended uses for this feed include:
- Anti-malware, blocklist, and spam filtering systems. The raw spam feed can be directed into an automated filter to provide data for anti-virus and anti-malware software, anti-spam blocklists, and spam filters.
- Malware and spam research. The raw spam feed can be directed into a database or other storage facility to be made available to researchers in any subject which is advertised in spam or uses spam as a mechanism to operate.
- Vetting systems. The raw spam feed can be used to test the effectiveness of anti-spam blocklists, anti-virus/anti-malware programs, and spam filters.
Koli-Loks feeds are available for well-vetted organizations, that have strong anti-spam policies and Acceptable Use Policy. The Koli-Loks Raw Spam feed is available to threat researchers, companies that produce anti-abuse and anti-spam products, and those in the email anti-spam community.